Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Interview with Maeve O'Boyle, Artist, Singer Songwriter ..


P&S: How old are you now Maeve?

Maeve O'Boyle: A lady never revels her age... 24!

P&S: You told me that an artist must break through before they are 30 ... a few years yet! Does it feel like you have broken through?

Maeve O'Boyle: I think i've certainly laid some foundations, but i've not quite got to where i'm going yet! I'm so grateful ( and lucky) to have the support i have from the people who love what i do. But the world's a big place and i've still got alot of things i'd like to do and achieve. Six years to go and the clock is counting...

P&S: Your first album was fantastic ,,, really great! Now you have done an intermission album. What's different between the two and did you do anything on the second that made you want to change on the first?

Maeve O'Boyle: Thank you! All My Sins was written between the ages of 13 and 20 and it was all wrapped up and recorded by the time i turned 21. So it symbolises a huge chunk of my life especially through my teenage years. Intermission was something i felt i had t do. I wanted to give the songs from All My Sins, a more "grown-up" feel and i was really keen to get back to my roots. Just me and a guitar. I think i've changed as a person and as an artist and so intermission was a way of me charting this stage of my life and of my career. For example, i think my voice has changed and i wanted to capture that on tape...

Maeve O'Boyle: i wouldn't change a thing on AMS... its everything it was suppose to be and more

P&S:Well said & true! I have listened to your live recordings you done at the Atlantic records event with LINN in New York. As the critics say ''you can hear a pin drop'' and then you let your voice go ... the range is crazy! Is it possible to capture that range people listen to at your live gigs on a recording?

Maeve O'Boyle: That's a tough question... the recording side of things is so different! It's an intimate experience, just like a live show, but you can never ( in my opinion ) truly capture an artists "live" side on a record. Everything on a record is deliberate and rehearsed. A live show is spontaneous and spur of the moment!

P&S: It seems allot of recordings have the artist sing at a constant volume ... I notice this on AMS that ... well you never whisper or really let go or is it the case that if you do the technician is compensating for it?

Maeve O'Boyle: It's funny because when I'm behind the mic, i feel like im giving it everything i have... so i guess its the job of the producer to pull things back and boost things where it's needed. Records have to be enjoyable to listen to and so the extremes of a voice maybe dont play as much of a role in a record. But that's what's good about having a live show... you can really go for it then

P&S: & you do! Just great! I heard you recently with your full band in Glasgow ... really different and lets you really show off. What's the difference playing with the band?

Maeve O'Boyle: Playing with the band is so much fun! The pressures off a little, because sometimes playing a solo gig can add heaps of pressure. However, playing solo i often feel that the audience gets a little bit more of "me". I like to tell stories and share some jokes. With a band you have to keep things a little "tighter" so I don't tell as many stories. It's a bit like being a host at a party when you have a band, you're trying to keep everyone happy :)

P&S: Now for some quick Q's. What music are you listening to just now?

Maeve O'Boyle: I've been listening to Noah & The Whale allot recently, and the new Coldplay Record. Most recent records ive bought though are Beyonce and Lady Antebellum...

P&S: I know you have allot of material ... when will you record a new album?

Maeve O'Boyle: I'd really like to start recording early next year... maybe have something out before Summer 12...

P&S: MTV awards were in Belfast this year ''nice'', can you picture yourself hopping up on stage and taking an award some day ... would you like that glamour?

Maeve O'Boyle: id definitely like to be nominated for as many awards as possible. It's a great sign that people are enjoying the music your putting out into the world. I think I'd like to win an Ivor Novello for songwriter though... that'd be a highlight for sure!

P&S: OK last q's: What was the best gig you ever done?

Maeve O'Boyle: Peoples & Schmidt

P&S: Ahhaaaa ... much better than the 100,000 gig in Glasgow!!

Maeve O'Boyle: That was the biggest, but maybe not the best! I really enjoy intimate gigs... looking forward to Celtic Connections in January!

P&S: That'll be a good one! Last q's: favourite actors male & female, favourite song you wrote, favourite curry?

Maeve O'Boyle: Favourite Actors - Meryl Streep & Sean Penn, Favourite song is "Facing Home" and favourite curry is " Paneer Rogan Josh" Cause im vegetarian...

P&S: OKy Doky ,,, best of luck with everything! I'm off for a curry ;) Rogan Josh with lamb

Maeve O'Boyle: Haha! That's just cruel...

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

My first impression of LINN's NEW Akubarik's

Firstly I am all in favour of compact systems so for me it's a great advantage that they are fully active. Technical information you can get from the designer on the following video link http://vimeo.com/search?q=akubarik I can pick a few points about the design. I don't like blue lights ... I'd hoped it would be smaller to fit more of my customers that have smaller rooms and apartments with neighbours. But actualythey look great, very tidy indeed. A good start and very interesting but how do they perform? The obvious reference systems are Akurate 242 Aktiv with LINN Akurate amps or Klimax 350A's reference speakers. Straight off the Akurate 242's can't compete on the bottom end. The Akubariks deliver controlled base no matter the volume. Whether the 3k array performs better than on aktive 242, I don't know but it's probably quite similar. It is very good. It's all very good and well balanced. At no point did I experience any issues with frequ

It's that time again ... Vinyl fabriken färdigt, Linn shop påbörjat ... nu kör vi :)

https://www.instagram.com/spinroadvinylfactory/

Visit the LINN factory with us

Det var länge sen vi besökt LINN fabriken och Jag tycker att det är snart dags! Om ni vill följa med (troligtvis sent April, tidigt i Maj) skulle det bli fint  :)   Anmäl till martin@peoplesandschmidt.com eller ett FB meddelande funkar också. Vill kolla intresse först men redan har en bokade. Vi tar en besök till en Whisky destilleri tycker jag och tar in lita av den berömde Skotska naturen.