Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

My first impression of LINN's NEW Akubarik's

Firstly I am all in favour of compact systems so for me it's a great advantage that they are fully active. Technical information you can get from the designer on the following video link http://vimeo.com/search?q=akubarik

I can pick a few points about the design. I don't like blue lights ... I'd hoped it would be smaller to fit more of my customers that have smaller rooms and apartments with neighbours. But actualythey look great, very tidy indeed. A good start and very interesting but how do they perform?

The obvious reference systems are Akurate 242 Aktiv with LINN Akurate amps or Klimax 350A's reference speakers.

Straight off the Akurate 242's can't compete on the bottom end. The Akubariks deliver controlled base no matter the volume. Whether the 3k array performs better than on aktive 242, I don't know but it's probably quite similar. It is very good. It's all very good and well balanced. At no point did I experience any issues with frequencies overlapping and cancellations. This may be the reason they were so easy to place in the room ... quite amazingly easy to position even in our half.cellar which, though this a big space, it still mostly consists of concrete.

To be honest our room is difficult and yes the base was set too high (factory setting which can be adjusted) but actually why there were no strange frequency problems that I get with almost every other speaker, requiring placement adjustment, I don't know. It's less relevant how they done it or why it works ... it's just great that they have achieved this.

So to 350A's. Again it's the base system that is the obvious difference. On reference 350's the base is front mounted and servo. It also has an accelerometer and room adjusts. It's a beast which can literally punch you in the chest! On the Akubariks the attack comes from the upper front mounted base with the Isobarik system sending the low base downwards and non-directional. It's a very different experience! I'd have to listen more to say what's my preference but what I would say is this is probably the deciding factor between 350A's and Akubariks. I'm guessing you prefer one or the other system and it will be a personal choice not a musical one!

Akubariks are awesome and in a league with 350A's which are more than double the price. I can't think of a single competitor in the price range (165000). ATC make well balance speakers but it's not even close to the finesse and information delivery that either Akubarik or 350A deliver. They have just too much background noise!

I read a few comments on LINN forum and one I picked up on and more about after I got feedback from another customer that borrowed home our Klimax Kontrol. He had tried Akurate and said that Akurate presents the information really well, beautifully! When He tried Klimax Kontrol He realised there was so much more information available and that's what Klimax does ... presents it all!

I'd say this is less relevant for the Akubariks as I feel they are at what we know as Klimax Level. Our test was however done with ADSM and yes I have to admit if I'd tested with Klimax electronics it would have been another level.

I'm giving LINN 10 from 10 for Akubarik. A relief after Majik Isobarik which just never delivered for me! Great job, a very agressive price to take space in the market and yes ... I want a pair!

Biggest positives. Great over the volume range. Incredibly smooth ... no frequencies missing and relaxed control over all the frequencies. Great looking! Great size and less boxes ...

Smooth smooth smooth


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

It's that time again ... Vinyl fabriken färdigt, Linn shop påbörjat ... nu kör vi :)

https://www.instagram.com/spinroadvinylfactory/

Visit the LINN factory with us

Det var länge sen vi besökt LINN fabriken och Jag tycker att det är snart dags! Om ni vill följa med (troligtvis sent April, tidigt i Maj) skulle det bli fint  :)   Anmäl till martin@peoplesandschmidt.com eller ett FB meddelande funkar också. Vill kolla intresse först men redan har en bokade. Vi tar en besök till en Whisky destilleri tycker jag och tar in lita av den berömde Skotska naturen.